About Car Insurance in Puducherry
Pondicherry is a city and capital of the Pondicherry union territory of Southern India. Though very small, Pondicherry was the largest French colony in India. The city has a long and interesting history of trade and war. There is a strong French influence in the city, especially in the old quarters, with Rues and Boulevards lined with Mediterranean style houses and bakeries, although the city remains very much Indian.
French is still understood, and the whole city makes for rather pleasant mix of East and West. One can cover all main points of Pondicherry on a daytrip (about 8 hours) if you have private vehicle. Two days are more than enough cover all spots leisurely.Read More
Why choose Liberty General Insurance in Puducherry?
Emergency Assistance Cover
No Claim Bonus Protection
Our inspection process means you don’t have to endure any hassles
Enjoy Hassle-free settlement with
Liberty General Insurance
Ease of Endorsement
Incorporate amendments in
your existing policy
Additional Protection Cover
Check our list of add-on policies
for your car
Daily Customer Service
Call us from 8 am to 8 pm,
7 days a week
Find the nearest garage through
our garage locator
Types of car insurance policies
Third Party Insurance
Driving without a Third Party or Liability Only insurance policy is a punishable offence under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. This policy, however, only covers loss or damage suffered by a third party in case of an accident arising out of the use of the insured vehicle. Remember that it does not cover any loss or damage to the insured vehicle or to the insured.
As the name suggests, this is an all-inclusive policy which offers complete coverage for loss or damage to the third party as well as to you in case of theft or an accident.
Own Damage (OD) Cover
This policy covers damage caused by fire, explosion, lightning, burglary or housebreaking or theft, riots and strikes, earthquakes (fire and shock damage), typhoons or floods, riots and malicious acts, terror activity, etc.
What Own Damage Insurance does not cover for your car?
- Damages to a third party vehicle (If you want coverage for both - own as well as third party damages then buy comprehensive car insurance)
- Damage caused to a third-party property
- Injuries caused to other people in an accident
- Normal wear-and-tear of the vehicle
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown
- A vehicle being used other than in accordance with the limitations as to use. For example, if you use your Private car for commercial purposes.
- Damage to/by person driving without a valid driving license
- Loss or damage caused while riding under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance
- Consequential loss
Liberty General Insurance also offers various add-on covers which include depreciation cover, passenger assist, consumable cover, engine safe cover, GAP value cover, key loss cover, and roadside assistance cover.
The documents needed for third-party car insurance claims?
Duly filled and signed claim form.
- A copy of the FIR.
- A copy of your valid Driving Licence.
- A copy of the first 2 pages of your policy document.
- A copy of your vehicle's RC.
Registration Number: 150 | ARN:Advt/2018/March/26 | CIN: U66000MH2010PLC209656
2019 Liberty General Insurance Ltd.
Reg Office: 10th floor, Tower A, Peninsula Business Park, Ganpat Rao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400013
Trade Logo displayed above belongs to Liberty Mutual and used by the Liberty General Insurance Limited under license. For more details on risk factors, terms & conditions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.