About Car Insurance in Dehradun
Dehradun is the provisional capital of Uttarakhand state. It is nestled between the Himalayan foothills to the north and the Shivaliks to the South. The town offers breathtaking scenery. There are many internet cafes scattered throughout the town. All the hotels listed above have internet access. There are many iways in the city.
The best way to explore the town is on foot, since it is surprisingly compact. Finding your way around is not that difficult as it may seem at first glance. Rajpur Road is the main avenue, Chakrata Road is also quite an important street while Paltan Bazar is best local bazaar. These all intersect at the Clock Tower Roundabout. Walking across town can take up to 30 minutes.Read More
Why choose Liberty General Insurance in Dehradun?
91% claim settlement ratio (2018-19)
97+ offices all over India
4,300+ partner garages in India
Our inspection process means you don’t have to endure any hassles
Enjoy Hassle-free settlement with
Liberty General Insurance
Ease of Endorsement
Incorporate amendments in
your existing policy
Additional Protection Cover
Check our list of add-on policies
for your car
Daily Customer Service
Call us from 8 am to 8 pm,
7 days a week
Find the nearest garage through
our garage locator
Types of car insurance policies
Third Party Insurance
Driving without a Third Party or Liability Only insurance policy is a punishable offence under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. This policy, however, only covers loss or damage suffered by a third party in case of an accident arising out of the use of the insured vehicle. Remember that it does not cover any loss or damage to the insured vehicle or to the insured.
As the name suggests, this is an all-inclusive policy which offers complete coverage for loss or damage to the third party as well as to you in case of theft or an accident.
Own Damage (OD) Cover
This policy covers damage caused by fire, explosion, lightning, burglary or housebreaking or theft, riots and strikes, earthquakes (fire and shock damage), typhoons or floods, riots and malicious acts, terror activity, etc.
What Own Damage Insurance does not cover for your car?
- Damages to a third party vehicle (If you want coverage for both - own as well as third party damages then buy comprehensive car insurance)
- Damage caused to a third-party property
- Injuries caused to other people in an accident
- Normal wear-and-tear of the vehicle
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown
- A vehicle being used other than in accordance with the limitations as to use. For example, if you use your Private car for commercial purposes.
- Damage to/by person driving without a valid driving license
- Loss or damage caused while riding under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance
- Consequential loss
Liberty General Insurance also offers various add-on covers which include depreciation cover, passenger assist, consumable cover, engine safe cover, GAP value cover, key loss cover, and roadside assistance cover.
What is Zero Dep in Car Insurance Policy?
Zero Depreciation is a type of additional rider or add-on option that:
- Offers complete protection without taking depreciation factor into consideration
- Damages caused to a third party/person’s property
- You get compensated up to the current IDV
- Zero dep comes at the cost of additional premium
What is the meaning of the term IDV in car insurance?
The term IDV stands for Insured Declared Value. It refers to the:
- Maximum value your insurer will pay you
- In case of complete theft or loss or your four wheeler
- The sum insured is fixed since the inception of the policy
- Comes only with a comprehensive car insurance plan.
Registration Number: 150 | ARN:Advt/2018/March/26 | CIN: U66000MH2010PLC209656
2019 Liberty General Insurance Ltd.
Reg Office: 10th floor, Tower A, Peninsula Business Park, Ganpat Rao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400013
Trade Logo displayed above belongs to Liberty Mutual and used by the Liberty General Insurance Limited under license. For more details on risk factors, terms & conditions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.