About Car Insurance in Calicut
Calicut , formerly Kozhikode, is one of the major cities in Kerala, India. Kozhikode was the capital of Malabar during the time of Zamorins, who were ruling before the British Rule in India. It was trading in spices like black pepper and cardamom with the Jews, Arabs, Phoenicians, and the Chinese for centuries, and with the Dutch and Portuguese more than 500 years ago. The Portuguese were the first foreigners to find this land, the gateway to Kerala, famous for spices. This city is famous for receiving Vasco da Gama in 1498. He landed on the remote beach of Kappad, which is 18 km away from the Calicut City. Malabar cuisine is quite popular among gourmands. The midly flavored, gently cooked Malabar Biriyanis are a must eat when visiting Calicut.Read More
Why choose Liberty General Insurance in Calicut?
Emergency Assistance Cover
No Claim Bonus Protection
Return To Invoice
Our inspection process means you don’t have to endure any hassles
Enjoy Hassle-free settlement with
Liberty General Insurance
Ease of Endorsement
Incorporate amendments in
your existing policy
Additional Protection Cover
Check our list of add-on policies
for your car
Daily Customer Service
Call us from 8 am to 8 pm,
7 days a week
Find the nearest garage through
our garage locator
Types of car insurance policies
Third Party Insurance
Driving without a Third Party or Liability Only insurance policy is a punishable offence under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. This policy, however, only covers loss or damage suffered by a third party in case of an accident arising out of the use of the insured vehicle. Remember that it does not cover any loss or damage to the insured vehicle or to the insured.
As the name suggests, this is an all-inclusive policy which offers complete coverage for loss or damage to the third party as well as to you in case of theft or an accident.
Own Damage (OD) Cover
This policy covers damage caused by fire, explosion, lightning, burglary or housebreaking or theft, riots and strikes, earthquakes (fire and shock damage), typhoons or floods, riots and malicious acts, terror activity, etc.
What Own Damage Insurance does not cover for your car?
- Damages to a third party vehicle (If you want coverage for both - own as well as third party damages then buy comprehensive car insurance)
- Damage caused to a third-party property
- Injuries caused to other people in an accident
- Normal wear-and-tear of the vehicle
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown
- A vehicle being used other than in accordance with the limitations as to use. For example, if you use your Private car for commercial purposes.
- Damage to/by person driving without a valid driving license
- Loss or damage caused while riding under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance
- Consequential loss
Liberty General Insurance also offers various add-on covers which include depreciation cover, passenger assist, consumable cover, engine safe cover, GAP value cover, key loss cover, and roadside assistance cover.
When I buy a new car insurance policy, do I purchase a third party or comprehensive car insurance?
Third-party car insurance is mandatory in India. But you should buy a policy according to your requirements. As the Liability Only policy covers third-party liability exclusively, you will not be able to claim any damage to your vehicle. Hence, it is advisable to buy a comprehensive cover as it protects you and your car against accidental damages or losses.
What are the factors that affect the premiums on a car policy?
These factors can affect your car insurance policy premium:
- Insured's Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle
- Cubic capacity of the vehicle
- Geographical zones (city of registration of the vehicle). Your premium will vary according to your location, which means that car insurance in Calicut will be different from one in Mumbai, Chennai or Bangalore.
- Age of the car
- Claim history of your car
- Selection of voluntary deductibles in the 4-wheeler insurance policy.
Registration Number: 150 | ARN:Advt/2018/March/26 | CIN: U66000MH2010PLC209656
2019 Liberty General Insurance Ltd.
Reg Office: 10th floor, Tower A, Peninsula Business Park, Ganpat Rao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400013
Trade Logo displayed above belongs to Liberty Mutual and used by the Liberty General Insurance Limited under license. For more details on risk factors, terms & conditions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.