About Car Insurance in Ambala
Ambala is a city in Haryana in North India. Ambala is essentially a twin city consisting of Ambala Cantonment and Ambala City, 3km apart, which between them are home to around half a million people. Established in 1843, it is one of the oldest cantonments in India and one of the oldest district of India: the first commissioner took charge in 1855. It is famous for its food, wholesale and cloth markets.Read More
Why choose Liberty General Insurance in Ambala?
91% claim settlement ratio (2018-19)
97+ offices all over India
4,300+ partner garages in India
Our inspection process means you don’t have to endure any hassles
Enjoy Hassle-free settlement with
Liberty General Insurance
Ease of Endorsement
Incorporate amendments in
your existing policy
Additional Protection Cover
Check our list of add-on policies
for your car
Daily Customer Service
Call us from 8 am to 8 pm,
7 days a week
Find the nearest garage through
our garage locator
Types of car insurance policies
Third Party Insurance
Driving without a Third Party or Liability Only insurance policy is a punishable offence under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. This policy, however, only covers loss or damage suffered by a third party in case of an accident arising out of the use of the insured vehicle. Remember that it does not cover any loss or damage to the insured vehicle or to the insured.
As the name suggests, this is an all-inclusive policy which offers complete coverage for loss or damage to the third party as well as to you in case of theft or an accident.
Own Damage (OD) Cover
This policy covers damage caused by fire, explosion, lightning, burglary or housebreaking or theft, riots and strikes, earthquakes (fire and shock damage), typhoons or floods, riots and malicious acts, terror activity, etc.
What Own Damage Insurance does not cover for your car?
- Damages to a third party vehicle (If you want coverage for both - own as well as third party damages then buy comprehensive car insurance)
- Damage caused to a third-party property
- Injuries caused to other people in an accident
- Normal wear-and-tear of the vehicle
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown
- A vehicle being used other than in accordance with the limitations as to use. For example, if you use your Private car for commercial purposes.
- Damage to/by person driving without a valid driving license
- Loss or damage caused while riding under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance
- Consequential loss
Liberty General Insurance also offers various add-on covers which include depreciation cover, passenger assist, consumable cover, engine safe cover, GAP value cover, key loss cover, and roadside assistance cover.
What are the factors that affect the premium for insurance policy for car?
The below mentioned factors can affect the premium for car insurance policy: -
- Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle
- Cubic Capacity of the vehicle
- Geographical Zones (City of Registration of Vehicle). So, your premium will vary with your location, which means that car insurance in Ambala will be different from car insurance in Mumbai or Chennai or Bangalore.
- Age of the vehicle
- Claim History of the Vehicle
- Selection of Voluntary Deductibles in the motor insurance policy
What is Insured Declared Value (IDV) in a car insurance policy?
Insured Declared Value (Sum Insured under Motor Insurance Policy) reflects the value of the motor vehicle determined based on the Manufacturer's Listed selling Price of the vehicle and depreciation based on the Age of the vehicle. It will be fixed at the commencement of each policy period for each insured vehicle. The IDV is applicable for the purpose of Total Loss/ Constructive Total Loss (TL/ CTL) claims only. To TL/CTL claim settlement, this IDV will not change during the currency of the policy period in question. It is clearly understood that the liability of the insurer shall in no case exceed the IDV as specified in the policy schedule less the value of the wreck & Excess.
IDV Depreciates with Vehicle Age which means car insurance prices for a new car will be higher than an old car.
Registration Number: 150 | ARN:Advt/2018/March/26 | CIN: U66000MH2010PLC209656
2019 Liberty General Insurance Ltd.
Reg Office: 10th floor, Tower A, Peninsula Business Park, Ganpat Rao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400013
Trade Logo displayed above belongs to Liberty Mutual and used by the Liberty General Insurance Limited under license. For more details on risk factors, terms & conditions please read sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.