The Burglary and Housebreaking Insurance by Liberty General Insurance is a ‘named peril’. This means that the loss and damage to the property or possessions should have happened because of a named peril, theft. The theft must have occurred through housebreaking or burglary and there should be signs of violent entry and exit on the premises.
This policy covers:
- Destroyed or damaged property as described in the burglary insurance policy by:
- Robbery (theft that follows forcible and violent entry of or exit from the premises)
- Hold-up (Forcible removal of possessions by actual or threatened violence against the insured)
- Damage to premises resulting from burglary and/ or housebreaking
This policy can be issued on the basis of declaration and as a floater for your stocks. You can opt for it on a first loss basis or a full value basis.
With additional premium, the policy can be extended to cover:
- Riot and strike
- Loss minimization expenses
- Expenses towards restoration
- Expenses towards clearance of debris
- Loss or damage to the properties of employees
- Costs for changing locks and for repair of premises damaged
For an exhaustive list of inclusions, please read the policy wordings.