Baggage insurance has a number of benefits, the most important of which are:
- Reimbursement for medication, clothes, and other required items, if your baggage has been delayed in arriving at your destination.
- Reimbursement is the luggage is stolen, lost or damaged during travels.
This baggage insurance policy provides coverage up to the intrinsic value of the baggage. As long as the baggage was accompanied by the owner, the policy will give compensation for the loss or damage of the baggage from any accident during travelling. It covers you whilst on holiday or tour, whether in India or abroad.
The main risks that are covered include:
- Riot and strike
- Accidental damage
Some terms you should know:
- "Intrinsic Value" is the reinstatement value of the insured property or item, minus the due allowance for betterment, wear and tear and/or depreciation.
- "Sum Insured" is the Monetary Amounts as shown against the item/s insured.
- "Period of Insurance" is the period between the commencement date and the expiry date of the policy.
- "Contents" are the items declared for insurance and are specified in the policy’s Schedule.
- "Accident" refers to a circumstance that pertains to sudden, unexpected, and/or unintentional damage and is not excluded in the policy.
- "Family" is the primary insured person, their lawful spouse, and dependent children.
For a more exhaustive list of inclusions, please refer to the policy wordings.