The indemnity paid out under the Policy shall include:
- Your officials in their business capacity or temporarily engaged employees in their private capacity, while they were performing their business.
- The officers, committees and everybody connected to your business functions including the members of the canteen, medical, fire-fighting, social, sports or welfare organizations.
- The personal representative of the estate of any person who would otherwise be compensated by the policy but only in respect of liability incurred by such person.
Each person or party indemnified is separate under the policy, in respect of the claims made against any of them by any other person or party (except the named Insured).
The Public Liability Insurance (Industrial Risk) Policy will also cover:
- All costs and fees incurred with the prior consent of LVGI in the investigation, defense or settlement of any claim made against the insured.
- The costs of representation (Defense Costs) at any inquiry, inquest or proceedings in respect of the matters that hold relevance to any claim made or might be made against the insured individual, provided that those claims are the subject of indemnity by the Policy.
If you pay an additional premium, the Public Liability Insurance (Industrial Risk) Policy can be extended to cover the following:
- Sudden and Accidental Pollution: This will cover unintentional industrial seepage, pollution and contamination caused by an unexpected or sudden happening which would take place in its entirety at a specific time and place.
- Act of God: This covers your property against the effects of ‘Act of God,’ which might create perils and disasters beyond the human control such as floods, tornadoes etc.
- Liability arising out of transportation: This covers accidents directly caused by dangerous materials or hazardous substances being transported by rail, road or pipeline, under the insured’s name.
- Effluent discharge: This protects you from accidents directly caused by treated effluents being carried by pipelines outside your premises to the discharge points. This coverage is not a part of pollution risk, unless specifically covered.
- Technical collaborators inclusion: This will cover the legal liability to technical collaborators, pertaining to the collaboration agreement made between you and the collaborators.